Support Worthy Causes

Take just a second and Click to help fight cancer, stop child abuse, end animal cruelty, feed the poor, and shelter the homeless! Head on over to the site, select the cause and click and thats it!The causes then receive money from the advertisers on thier site. It doesnt cost you anything but a second or two. You can click daily!

http://tinyurl.com/ye4tqqd

Thursday, November 17, 2011

A New Day

I made pumpkin bread yesterday. Dale and I put up the Christmas lights. I am finally starting to get in the holiday mood. I am looking forward to the boys being home next week and baking with them. Smiling now imagining Drake using the rolling pin. Nicki told me last night that he is looking forward to baking and using the rolling pin. I will take pics. I am the pic taker in the family.

Emotions change fast. From happy to sad. Thinking about baking brought memories of holidays past back. Holidays spent with my sisters and brothers and their families, mom and my stepdad, and my mother and father in law. Those were the holidays where the tradition was, I would cook most of the dinner, they would bring whatever they wanted to and they would bring their own drinks. Nothing alocholic. My mom and Dales parents are gone now. The holiday tradition is gone. I think family and traditions is a good thing. So, a few years ago a new family tradition was started. I found out that Drake liked to bake and cook and Josh likes to bake from time to time. So we started baking together for the holidays and this coming week we are going to be baking some cookies, a pie, making a cake and cheese cake, and making a pumpkin roll. Shhhh dont tell any one but you dont need a rolling pin for any of those things. So not to disappoint Drake, I am going to make biscuits and let him us the rolling pin to roll out the dough and let him cut them out. It wont matter what they look like because I/we will just crumble them up to make crumbs to use for stuffing.

I have been up a half hour and need to go start my day. I have checked my sugar level and it is 87. I need to go eat breakfast before it gets to much lower and take my meds. I hope this new day will bring you lots of peace love and happiness in your own little piece of the world. So until next time be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment